Lanarchy
Baron
Baron
XBL: Kardon74
Alt. Name: Kardon74

ArcheAge

Unread post by Lanarchy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:26 pm

Server: Tahyang
Faction: Nuian (Human and elf side, not the cat and oriental side)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... heAge.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TL:DR - Free to play MMORPG published by Trion, who makes Rift. No classes, choose your own skills and weapons

Anyone looked at this yet? I'll try it.

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Re: ArcheAge

Unread post by Blacktwin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

I did just look at this game. It's an MMO..... so it'll likely suck but some of what I saw was interesting. The sailing and economy being the main two things. You can take on quests from NPC or other players to deliver goods to towns. The further the town is from where you start the more money you get. The rarer the goods in the end town the more money/xp you get. The sailing looks cool too as it's said to be all physics based. The building of a ship takes time and materials like it did in Darkfall. Also there is a punishment system that sounds pretty interesting too. If you commit enough crimes and then die, you'll be sent to court and be judged by players.

But I've seen the combat and the questing and they both look like shit, just like every MMO.

Here is the video that checked out.

Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 am

Blacktwin wrote:shit, just like every MMO.
You hate MMOs as much as I hate 2D scrollers with shitty graphics

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Maxim » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Blacktwin wrote:

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Unread post by Blacktwin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 am

Maxim wrote:
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Played the beta this weekend. It was fun. I pre-ordered the game because of it. But, yes, it's free2play if you don't want to pre-order.

Combat is like every other MMO, button mashing
Classes are neat, since you can have upto 120 classes available. Some suck, some are overpowered. But that's how it is.
Quests are average. No voice-over questing, like Star Wars. Quests can be turned in early, or late. Example: Kill 10 boars. Kill 5 boars, get lesser reward. Kill 15 boars, get bigger reward.
Housing I didn't get to. Land might be hard to find, but you have to pay to place a house. Free players can't place houses. So that might help with land availability.
Graphics are awesome. They're pretty good.
I didn't get to PvP or any high level zones. There's plenty of YouTube videos for that.

I know myself, Ullom, Oglupin, Nickabsinthe and Nephron will at least be playing. So, it's free. Fucking play it.

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:30 am

Played the 4th beta, still going on.

I got a house and boat. Both are very large resource and gold sinks. I have 2 gold at level 13, and my house materials cost around 75 gold on the auction house. You can gather them yourself, but so far, I'm at 5 out of 200 stone and 1 out of 100 for wood. Oh well. It's definitely a grinding game and rewards you for playing non-casual. Casual will be fun, but hardcore players will get all the cool toys. Which is fine, that's how games should be. Not like WoW where everyone gets everything.

I think it will still be fun, and recommend it to any MMO addicts

Nephron
Bishop
Bishop
XBL: IC Nephron
PSN: NepHron-

Unread post by Nephron » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 pm

I like it so far.

It has elements of many MMOs that I have enjoyed.

Shipbuilding and player housing = Ultima Online
Flexible class system = Rift
Grindy = Everquest (I don't consider this a bad thing)

Crytek engine, great graphics. Similar to Rift, but more life like.

It's great that you get a mount early and the glider is unlike anything else from a MMO. Climbing, like Assassins creed, is also a new mechanic in a MMO as far as I know.

Haven't experienced any PVP since I'm only level 13, but the PVE is fine so far. It seems more challenging then low level WOW or any other MMO. Adding a second mob during combat is a bad thing and if you aren't ready for it, could end up dead. I haven't died yet though :twisted:

Negatives...

There is a little bit of lag here and there but I suspect that'll improve over time.

Combat is tab targeting / auto aim. I was hoping for a skill shot system ala Mortal Online or Darkfall, but newp.

Community appears to be typical wasteland that you could expect from a FTP MMORPG. Faction chat is a trolls heaven. Marc got them riled up pretty quickly. Rift wasn't like this, even after it went FTP. This will probably wash out after the initial influx of players from launch leave the game.

The story is forgettable. I was trying to listen in at the beginning, then stopped caring and skipped all the cut scenes and dialogue.

I'll be playing this in the future. Whether I stick with it or actually hand them any money is a different story.
wat

Zathu
Bishop
Bishop
PSN: Radiae
Alt. Name: Corey

Unread post by Zathu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:12 pm

When does it release?

Nephron
Bishop
Bishop

Unread post by Nephron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:04 pm

A date hasn't been announced, but its supposed to release by the end of this year. It's been live in Korea since Jan of 2013.

While trying to find a date I stumbled upon the Wikipedia entry. It has a pretty good summary of the game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wat

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 am

I would assume a soon release. They're in the 4th beta event. And if they delay any longer, they'll be competing with Warcraft in November.

Nephron
Bishop
Bishop

Unread post by Nephron » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Note to self, turn off the in-game music. It's been stuck in my head ever since and it is not that good. :x
wat

Zathu
Bishop
Bishop
PSN: Radiae
Alt. Name: Corey

Unread post by Zathu » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Nephron wrote:It's been live in Korea since Jan of 2013.
Is this the same game across all regions? Is it just the localization that's in beta, or did they tweak/redo more of it?

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:53 pm

Open Beta - Sept 4
Headstart - Sept 12
Release - Sept 16

Hapkido Warrior
Bishop