Anything tech, or tech news
Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Lime Light Streaming

Unread post by Blacktwin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 am

Limelight allows you to stream your collection of Steam games from your PC to another device.
Limelight is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We reverse-engineered the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and implemented a set of 3rd party clients.

What does this mean for you? Limelight allows you to stream your full collection of Steam games from your GFE compatible PC to any of your supported devices and play them. Right now, you can stream to your Android device or even another PC. Limelight is perfect for gameplay on the go without sacrificing the graphics quality of your gaming computer.
Android Play Store

XDA Site
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron
XBL: Kardon74
Alt. Name: Kardon74

Re: Lime Light Streaming

Unread post by Lanarchy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:39 pm

reverse engineered nvidia's thing

That sounds like it'll get shutdown soon

<edit> Looks like it's been out a while though, so maybe not

Zathu
Bishop
Bishop
PSN: Radiae
Alt. Name: Corey

Unread post by Zathu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

Worked pretty good early on, looks like it's made good progress since then. I think I Steam streaming has countered the demand for this a bit, since it's better to use a cheap laptop than a phone or tablet I think.

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Unread post by Blacktwin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 am

I tried this the other day. Worked great with my phone using Wifi. I then hooked it up to a TV via the Smarthub from Samsung and connected a PS3 controller. It all worked but once I used the Smarthub and connected the PS3 I noticed a lot of lag and connection issues. Without the hub it runs great but the touchscreen/mouse support is terrible. I ran the Witcher 2 and Dark Souls. I think most of the lag was caused by the connected devices and trying to push to the TV.

The APK doesn't work through the Archon runtime for chrome, which most game or video related app don't work. So using a chromebook doesn't work, yet. It would be great if it did.

I'd like to try PC to PC and see how it does. But really this tech for PC to PC is kinda obsolete because all you need to do is install Steam. Then you get all the Steam titles too. Where with Lime Light you only get games that the Nvidia Experience finds.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire