Bakemonogatari (Ghostory)

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Bakemonogatari (Ghostory)

Unread post by Maxim » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm

THIS
d3b3fb99c6971a755f37319ee3f44d94-620x.jpg
I actually almost passed this series up because of the above image, and the impression that it was overly ecchi. The office supplies, however, piqued my interest.

Months ago, the TV Series finished up with 14 episodes, and the story incomplete. Fans were crying for more. Finally the last episode was released along with the Blurays with the complete season with everything intact in HD glory. I finished up this series just last night and I can't wait for it to go domestic. Everything about this series is awesome, though I fear for the dub and how well it will fair with everything they do in this show.

It's truly a work of art, but it's also truly Japanese, and saturated with puns, both in written, and verbal form. The title itself is a play on words combining "bakemono," and "monogatari." The dialog is fast, and flashes of text appear on the screen almost quicker than can be read, if you're not fast enough you're sure to miss something. Needless to say I WILL be watching this again. For more info on it, I found a review that doesn't touch too much on plot points and is still quite full of information about the series. Everything that's in the review, I can confirm as 100% fact.

http://www.japanator.com/please-license ... 1953.phtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have this series by a fansub group that actually overlays the japanese text with english words so it's easier for those who can't read japanese (ME). I'll be bringing it to the next LAN, I recommend everyone and their mother to see this series. It is not to be missed.

Also, this is a scene from the show, it made me LOL
snapshot20091026190440-620x.jpg
Last edited by Maxim on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Re: Bakemonogatari (Ghostory)

Unread post by Blacktwin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Word up. The office supplies is very interesting.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire