Shigurui Death Frenzy

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Shigurui Death Frenzy

Unread post by Blacktwin » Thu May 13, 2010 6:55 pm

WOW WOW WOW WOW. You need to see this. WOW. This is one of the best newer animes I've seen. Very slow but super tense and emotional. Not emotional in the sense of tears but of insanity and tension and WOW. Again it's slow but once you get into it, it's really good. Very gory too. Very artistic director and the sound/music adds to the tension. Action is few but when it happens don't blink cause you'll miss it. I found this review and it sums it up better than I can so
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Re: Shigurui Death Frenzy

Unread post by Maxim » Thu May 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Shigurui is so disgustingly grotesque you’ll have to watch it twice since your eyes were closed the first time. But, you’ll love every minute of it.
Nice.

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Blacktwin » Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 am

After finishing the series I wanted more more more. So I spent 2 hours looking for the "best" anime according to the internet. I also wanted something that was a little more mature in theme, not just tits and blood but serious tones. So basically more Death Frenzy. SOOOOO gooood.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Maxim » Fri May 14, 2010 10:29 am

It's hard to find a show that has all of the elements that have been mentioned so far. Most of the time they're a one shot deal. Like Cowboy Bebop. There is so much fodder out there in the anime world, a lot of it is marketing and making what sells. Most don't have a really good story, and only some have really good art. Having artistic style, story, character development and design, and music is just difficult to find all in one place.

tyrelie
Bishop
Bishop

Unread post by tyrelie » Fri May 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Amen, preach on brother Maxim
"Real badasses eat chocolate chip cookies, I'ma gonna get that tattooed across my back in Old English font"

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Blacktwin » Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Please if you know of anymore let me know. In my search I DLed Paranoia Agent(which i've already seen but want to see again) Elfen Lied (heard was good) and Rurouni Kenshin. Hopefully this quench my thrust for great mature anime.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Maxim » Fri May 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Save Elfen Leid for last. Paranoia Agent is awesome. You should watch Paprika (movie) as well. There are actually several movies out in recent years that have GREAT art, great story and the music is good as well. Tekkonkinkreet is one of the best that i've seen recently. There is also Monster (TV series). I've also heard good things about Kenshin, but haven't watched it yet because i'm put off by the animation style (late 90's).

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Maxim » Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Also you might want to browse though anything done by the production company "BONES" You'd probably liked "Sword of the Stranger." Their animation is top notch, and one of their first shows you might be familiar with was called "Wolf's Rain." Oh yeah, they did some kiddy show called Fullmetal Alchemist as well.

tyrelie
Bishop
Bishop

Unread post by tyrelie » Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 am

Sword of the Stranger was a good romp
"Real badasses eat chocolate chip cookies, I'ma gonna get that tattooed across my back in Old English font"

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Blacktwin » Sun May 16, 2010 10:48 am

Bones and Madhouse i'm hearing good things. I might just need to look at their catalog and randomly pick some.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire