The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai)

Maxim
Knight
Knight

The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai)

Unread post by Maxim » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:28 pm

“the Garden of sinners” is a series of hit cult novels written by KINOKO NASU of TYPE-MOON (“Tsukihime -Lunar Legend-”, “Fate/stay night”) and published in KODANSHA BOX series. The best-selling novel series has since been adapted into seven fully animated theatrical films, of which each corresponding movie directly covers one of the original seven chapters. In Japan, the series of movies was released in theaters, starting December 2007. Each successive release became a box office smash with record numbers of attendees, while skyrocketing DVD sales of each movie outperformed many other series and movies.
I love everything about this mini-series. It has sci-fi, drama, comedy, violence, and action. I can't really talk about it much without giving too much of the story away. Just understand that it's something that you watch with full attention and with the volume up. You can't chance missing anything, even the smallest of parts. Everything in it is so deliberate and endearing.

This is something worth purchasing, unless it's only available on Blu-Ray, in which case, fuck Sony and their proprietary bullshit.

http://www.aniplexusa.com/thegardenofsinners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Maxim on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Re: The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai)

Unread post by Blacktwin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Interesting. The first scene was pretty amazing. Looks like the art and director are going to be insane.
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Maxim
Knight
Knight

Re: The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai)

Unread post by Maxim » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:29 pm

I can say that the artwork is nothing short of beautiful. Great attention to detail. The backgrounds have great personality and fit well with the story, and the overall mood.

I love the music that they use in the opening credits for the first episode.