New Bungie IP

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron
XBL: Kardon74
Alt. Name: Kardon74

Re: Destiny

Unread post by Lanarchy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Lots of info coming out today. Including no word on a PC client. Which probably means no.

Random quotes
So far the game looks interesting...but I haven't seen a ton that sets it apart from Borderlands. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Just hasn't struck me as groundbreaking yet.
I guess the biggest issue I have with Destiny is how it feels like I've already seen and played it before. It looks so...generic - both in gameplay trailers and in visuals. I'm not saying I need a revolution in experience to interest me, but I certainly didn't expect Bungie to put out a game that felt like a sarcastic genre copy/paste experience.
Bungie needs to have a little chat with their marketing department because the footage they've selected to show off is pretty lackluster.

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Mon May 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Destiny Loot Codes:

These cards are NOT a one-time use, and the codes can be used by everybody. Go to http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[2] to redeem them.

Here are the codes:

Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9

Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A

Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH

Rixis, Archon Slayer: TCN-HCD-TGY

Old Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K

Hive: 473-MXR-3X9

Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3

Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC

Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA

The Towers: 69P-VCH-337

Hive: Ogre: 69R-CKD-X7L

Valley of the Kings: Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP

The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG

Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A

Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V

Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7

Vex: 6A9-DTG-YGN

Refresh page after each code is entered.

There are rumored to be another 8 loot cards being made available at E3 2014 bringing the total to 25. Nobody knows what these codes will give you in game yet, but it's sure to be epic.

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Public Alpha is now on PS4. And maybe other systems.

I only played one level. It seems a lot like Resistance, but mission based. Overall, it's cool. But FPS on console is gay. I'll play it more. Anyone else tried?

Blacktwin
Knight
Knight
XBL: Blacktwin
PSN: Greentwin

Unread post by Blacktwin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Don't have the right console I think. PS$ only?
Nice Pants.
[codes]Got them[/codes]
Inspire

Lanarchy
Baron
Baron

Unread post by Lanarchy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:40 am

TL:DR - New DLC removes content from non DLC owners and basically removes end-game from non DLC users. Jimmies rustled

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments ... walls_old/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GodsSon58 wrote:They moved the ability to do this week's Nightfall Mission and Weekly Strike, previously available content to all owners, to all the DLC owners. The problem currently is the Nightfall and Weekly are tied to a new Strike (dungeon) that is DLC-Only...so this is leaving anyone who does not own the new content shit out of luck to stuff they were previously allowed to do.

They also moved the Engram Bonus (think bonus chest for the uninitiated) out of the normal playlist and is now in the DLC Exclusive playlist. This is leaving non-DLC owners with very limited options how to best obtain engrams and continue their item progression. Seems like another big push towards buying their DLC.